"Anything is possible with sunshine and a little pink."
-Lilly Pulitzer

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Hello Kitty Exhibition + Hello Kitty Fashion and More! 1/6/15 ♡

Hello everyone!♡ Yesterday I took a trip to the Hello Kitty exhibition at the Japanese American National Museum in downtown LA with my friends. I've been a huge fan of Hello Kitty ever since I could remember, so I kind of had a really awesome day. In this post, I'll show you my HK-themed OOTD, as well as Hello Kitty fashion designer dresses that were on display, and some of my favorite art work from the exhibition.

First is my OOTD!
My outfit:
Cardigan- H&M
Top- Kohl's
Skirt- Target
Tights- Charlotte Russe
Boots- Payless
Bag- Kohl's
Hello Kitty Bows- Target

Here's, in my opinion, the best part of the exhibition: HK designer dresses! These first three dresses were worn by America's Next Top Model contestants, and they were designed by Francis Libiran.
This next piece, designed by The Blonds, is a corset that Katy Perry wore to the 2009 BRIT Awards.
This dress was worn by Paris Hilton:
And then, of course, two HK-inspired Japanese street fashion outfits were on display! I absolutely love Japanese alternative fashion. I personally love lolita and fairy kei the best, and I've tried both of them. So adorable!!

The top fashion is Lolita, and the bottom fashion is Decora.

That wraps up the fashion portion of my post, so now I'll show you my favorite Hello Kitty art work that was on display! These were all created within the past year, and they were so fun to look at. A lot of the art work included other Sanrio characters, and some even included Toki Doki!
 The propeller was actually in motion! So cute!








And my personal favorite...
To finish up this post, I'll show you some other cool stuff that was on display!




 And that's it! If you haven't already, I would definitely make the trip to go to this exhibition. It's just too cute not to go.

 ♡ Claire

{all credit goes to the artists and designers}




No comments:

Post a Comment